What is the goal of transparent team efficiency indicators?
- The purpose of the reports and the related metrics is reflected in one keyword: transparency. It serves us to ensure the teams are stable in long run.
- Secondary, it helps us to discover the potential inefficiency or misalignment early enough, put low-performing teams back on track and measure their performance.
- In addition, having stability indicators in shape is a signal of a high-performing team, which becomes a new standard 🚀. Ultimately, it leads towards a team gaining trust of relevant managers and stakeholders.
🔔 Indicators should not serve to punish a team or an individual.
We cover 4 main areas of team efficiency:
- Agility/Velocity: How fast can we deliver?
- Focus: Is the team set up for success by having a limited focus on roadmap-related initiatives?
- Predictability: Is the team's delivery stable enough so that we can make predictions on quarterly basis?
- Quality (TODO): Do we deliver the product in a desired quality standards?
Other areas to consider: DORA metrics, eNPS, hiring, adoption rate.
The reports are dedicated to various levels of leadership: executive, horizontal leads, and the teams.