Instructions to Update/Change my Password
This guide is intended to help users, set their own passwords or with the assistance of their parents or teachers with a working device connected to the internet.
What if I can no longer remember my password
- Contact ECSRD Desktop Support at 1-877-327-4874, or at extension 00399 from a division desk phone.
- You will be asked a series of questions to prove your identity, and Desktop Support will then reset your password to a temporary password.
- Go to https://ecsrd.me/pwreset and enter your known username.
- The temporary password given to you will be used in the "Old password" field.
- New password conditions:
At least 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, a number, or a symbol;
5 Previously used passwords CANNOT be re-used;
Cannot use any part of the person's first name, last name, or the username;
Minimum of 8 characters .
What if I am a New Student ?
- Usernames are based on legal enrolment documents. First letter of first name, first letter of second/middle name and the full last name + @my.ecsrd.ca
- The default password (temporary) is the first 4 characters of the ECSRD student email address (username), plus the 2-digit value of their birth month, plus the 2-digit value of their birth year. Keep in mind that the first 4 characters ARE CASE SENSITIVE. So most students would capitalize the first 3 characters unless they do not have a middle name initial in their ECSRD email address (only the first 2 characters would be capitalized)
EXAMPLE 1: Tommy Jacob Smith, email is TJSmith@my.ecsrd.ca, DOB is August 5, 2009. His default password would be: TJSm0809
EXAMPLE 2: Sara Smith, email is SSmith@my.ecsrd.ca, DOB is January 3, 2012. Her default password would be: SSmi0112
NOTE : If a user encounters an error saying "Username or password is incorrect" and you know that you are entering details correctly, kindly contact DESKTOP SUPPORT for assistance (1-877-327-4874).