Guru Governance Workshop
Rolling out or relaunching Guru can seem like a daunting task with a lot of moving parts. Many teams have questions around best-practices for managing Guru on a daily basis. In order to set them up for long-term success and increase org-wide buy-in, consider holding a Guru Governance Workshop!
The way each team manages Guru is unique to their business and culture. The overall goal of this workshop is to get all shakeholders in a room together for a sort of roundtable discussion to determine the best set of standards for their team.
Ideally this will also be a way for us to more formally capture teams' Guru strategies, so we can share best practices, iterate on the product, and learn + grow! 🌻Feel free to edit/add to this Card and the docs below! This is something we're experimenting with and want to iterate on. 🧠
- Form a Knowledge Council (aka a group of stakeholders who have a vested interest in Guru)
- Build out Collection Structure & Permissions
- Establish a content creation and verification flow
- Agree upon a set of content standards for the entire Card lifecycle
- Plan for long-term Guru management
- Where: Ideally this workshop can happen in-person, while you are on-site. This helps to facilitate open discussion and brainstorming
- Who: The Knowledge Council: Main Guru Champion(s), Admins, Collection Owners, SMEs from each department
- How Long: At least 2-3 hours, if not more. Teams could consider including this in a company offsite, SKO, or other compelling event that may bring team members together
Before the workshop, you want stakeholders to be:
- Familiar with the product
- Thinking about their desired state with Guru
- If you want to give them a deck, you can use these slides (especially helpful if this is a step in a broader revamp process)
In order to spark discussion during the workshop, you can send this Governance Worksheet to the team beforehand to review:
Holding the Workshop:
- Work through the Governance Worksheet and discussion questions
- Consider allotting a certain amount of time to each agenda item to make sure you get through it all!
- Set up a Zoom (even if everyone is in the room) to get the recording on Chorus
- Maybe bring a Guru colleague for note-taking/moral support 😉
- WhiteFolder things like Content Creation flows/Collection Hierarchy (and take pics!)
Workshop Follow Up:
- Compile all of your notes from the workshop and consolidate them into an official Guru Governance Doc for the team
- Follow up on remaining agenda items in subsequent calls
- If there are a lot of changes being made to Collections/permissions, consider making a deck like this one to help visualize the changes
- Encourage the team to stick to their Knowledge Council meeting cadence/communication plan
- Publish finalized Governance Standards in Guru for the team to share!