Guru 101 - What to know starting out
🔎 WHAT IS GURU?
Guru serves as the main repository for information that the DonorsChoose Team uses. By using Guru you can get instant access to CONTENT EXAMPLES Employee Handbook, Company Information, Playbooks, Collateral, Competitor information, and more. Have a question? Guru should be the first place you check.
💚 GURU LIVES WHERE YOU WORK
- The MOST CONVENIENT access to DonorsChoose info is through Guru's Chrome extension. Adding the Extension allows Guru to float over top of whatever website you're working in.
TIP: We highly recommend you install the browser extension right now for lightning fast access to everything you need to know. Download the extension here! Go ahead, do it now. We'll wait.
- You can search for Guru cards directly in Slack. Just type /guru followed by your search term. For example, /guru SEARCH TERM EXAMPLE. You can use this command from Slack channels that the Gurubot has been invited to join. You can also search guru via a DM with the Gurubot.
help in a Slack DM with the Gurubot (@guru) to see all the available commands and ⭐️ make sure you have Guru notifications turned on in your Slack account⭐️
- Web Application - You can also access Guru via the webapp which offers a very robust search experience with several filter options, and is the best place to browse for content, see analytics, manage content in bulk, and learn more about your team through their profiles
📝 WHO MANAGES / CREATES THE CONTENT IN GURU?
The content that you see in Guru has been curated by the team on a regular basis and is verified every quarter by designated "owners" of each Card, topic or Folder. Here's the team who is currently responsible for verifying the content inside Guru - along with their designated category.
- EXPERT #1: Expert #1 is responsible for Cards that relate to TEAM #1 such as sales process, tools etc.
- EXPERT #2: Expert #2 is responsible for cards that relate to Customer Stories, Demos, Product Knowledge, Training, Design Education, and Collateral.
👀 WHAT IF I'M SEEING SOMETHING IN A CARD THAT DOES NOT LOOK RIGHT?
If you see anything in a Guru card that is inaccurate, needs updated or you simply have a question about what you see in a card, please contact the appropriate person above by highlighting the portion that needs updating, selecting the comment pop up, and @mentioning the expert(s) in the comment.
🤔 WHAT IF I WANT TO SUGGEST CREATING A NEW CARD?
We will use the data in Guru to see what questions are being asked without answers to fill knowledge gaps quickly. That said, we definitely want to hear your thoughts on content that should be added to Guru! ADVISE ON DESIGNATED SLACK CHANNELS, USE ASK AN EXPERT, FORMS, ETC.
- Please contact the appropriate person inside Guru by using selecting the '? Help' button in the top right of the webapp and select 'Ask an Expert' to target your request to the appropriate expert or group.
You can also contact the Guru Knowledge Council by using the #[insert slack channel] Slack channel.